What motor types are used in MM locos?

Rate this question

Noel

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi Folks

Does anybody know from a DCC point of view what motor types are used in MM locos (141/181 and 071s)? Most decoders have CVs to allow the motor type to be specified.

Thanks

Noel

Are you using Loksound decoders? As far as I know the suitable CV motor setting is simply the default value.

The V4's also have an auto-tuning feature which is very simple. Here's a link to how it works...

http://www.sbs4dcc.com/tutorialstipstricks/esuloksoundmotorautotune.html

Are you using Loksound decoders? As far as I know the suitable CV motor setting is simply the default value.

The V4's also have an auto-tuning feature which is very simple. Here's a link to how it works...

http://www.sbs4dcc.com/tutorialstipstricks/esuloksoundmotorautotune.html

Hi IT. Thanks yes somebody on here told me about the CV54 procedure a few weeks back and it worked a treat.

I was just wondering what type of motors are used in MM? Are the cordless or not, etc?

Cheers

Noel

Hi IT. Thanks yes somebody on here told me about the CV54 procedure a few weeks back and it worked a treat.

I was just wondering what type of motors are used in MM? Are the cordless or not, etc?

Cheers

Noel

If you mean coreless then no, they're definately not coreless motors. As far as I know they are DC, 3 pole or 5 pole can motors. Pretty much standard across all of Bachmann's UK stuff.