Claremorris station building -help

Rate this question

Junctionmad

Question

Hi guys,

My photo records are increasingly daily with the help of many people who have uncovered old photos

One thing I'm trying to tie down is the layout and arrangement of secondary buildings immediately adjacent to the Northern ( ballina /Westport end of the main station building

These have been extensively remodelled over the years and I have pics from the 60s , late 70s , and today and many are confusing

Questions

( a)

Immediate to the station building , but within the canopy, is a stone building, it now has a flat roof ( it's the toilets I think ) , it seemed to have a pitched gabled roof, of smaller size then the main roof at one stage ?

(B) next , in the 70s-80s?? , there is a light coloured building with a chimney , which I beleive was used as a booking on building for drivers , any idea of what it looked like from the goods yard /road

It seems to be corrugated iron construction ?

© confusingly , I have a partly obscured picture ( why did everyone just photo engines ) , showing a hipped conservatory style roof at right angles over the toilet area or adjacent , ie with its gable facing the track ,

(D) there was a further motley collection of corrugated outhouses north of the station before the goods shed , I only have partial details , any one have better photos ?

All help much appreciated

Dave

5 answers to this question

Got one or two indirect pictures from private sources but still can't work out roof profile over toilets.

I'll keep searching

All help appreciated

If anyone needs info on Claremorris I now have I'm excess of 350 pictures ( and or links ) from 1960 onwards

I would be most grateful for any help , joining the irrs is on my to-do list

I must also publically thanks Alan O Rourke of newirishlines, who has been exceptionally helpful, along with the heritage section of IE , and several other contributors as well of course , as the many contributors here.

If anyone in the future wishes my help I will be most willing provide aid with my own records.