Perth and District Model Railway Show 2015

Rate this topic

Old Blarney

The Perth and District Model Railway Club is holding its Annual Exhibition at - The Dewars Centre, Perth, on Saturday and Sunday, 27th and 28th , June,2015.

For full details- please log in to -

http://www.perthmrc.com/page6.htm

Perth & District Model Railway Club

presents

A celebration of Model Railways 2015

at

The Dewars Centre, Glover Street, Perth PH2 0TH

Saturday June 27th 10.00 am - 5.30 pm

Sunday June 28th 10.00 am - 5.00 pm

Admission: Adult £6.00, Child £3.00, Family (2 + 2) £15.0

Over 40 Quality Layouts in two Halls

Over 40 Leading Trade Stands

DCC Seminars

• 1 month later...

Evening all,

A wee report.

Old Blarney was invited to The Cupar Model Railway Show this week end. We in the Perth Model Railway Club had a most enjoyable time there and Old Blarney came away with yet, another Trophy.

We ran a general Irish Railways theme but for "Ye Bhoys in Nordern Irelund", I decided to run five Enterprise sets. GNR 206, (Colm Flanigan) with six coaches in Painted Teak, one reciprocal CIE set in Dark Green and Eau-de Nil livery, but had to cheat on the motive power and use a Woolwich at its head. These sets were followed three NIR sets. Hunslet Maroon, with matching coaches, Hunslet Blue, with Blue Grey coaches and last but not least a Light Blue 111, No 111 (Murphy Models) with the blue yellow and black coaches, (Murphy Models Lima Coaches). Each Diesel locomotive is fitted with sound decoders.

I also ran my new LMS NCC Mogul, built by Colm Flanigan, this too has a sound decoder, and it along with its rake of LMS NCC coaches was a popular set, attracting many comments.

Provincial Wagons were much in evidence too, mixed trains of Cattle Wagons and CIE and GSR Coaches. A long rake, 27 wagons of GNR, BCDR, Downshire, UTA, Bullied and GNR Guards Van.

The RPSI were represented too by a set of Six Coaches pulled by my Colm Flanigan No 4.

Should any Model Railway Club wish to Have Old Blarney, at their Show, Please contact me.

David White.