Drew Donaldson and the SLNC

Rate this question

Galteemore

Question

As a member of the Gauge O Guild, I can rootle around the electronic archives of their publication. In the early 70s the late Drew Donaldson, whom I can just about remember, wrote some articles in his inimitable style regarding his clockwork empire. In one piece he refers to his plan to build an SLNC small tank. Given that Drew’s interests tended to lie in the southern direction, this was a new one on me. Does anyone know if he actually built it? thanks, David 

2 answers to this question

Galteemore

I did a search on the Guild Forum and came up with this;-

'' Mr Donaldson's locomotives are covered in Slide programme number 57 'Ralph and Drew' with a commentary by Mr Bill Scott''

You could order the slide disk for the cost of copying & postage and check out if he built it- that's if its on this?

You could also post the question on the Guild Forum- this is the thread;-

The O gauge railways of Ronald Shephard and Drew Donaldson

Eoin

Edited by murrayec
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Eoin - I’d forgotten about that! My dad was a friend of Drew and I saw the layout in operation c1977. But at the age of six I didn’t have the wit to spot a small tank! What I do remember is the noise of clockwork at speed. I also remember that the layout dominated the house. We are talking holes in the wall ....! 

• Like 1