Decoder for A1 loco

Rate this question

controller

Question

Hi, I see that IRM have decoders for sale for the A class locos. I have an A1 class special edition silver loco on order. I don't see that this decoder is listed to suit this loco. Do I need to wait for another class of decoder for this loco, or are they all the same?. 

Thanks,

Controller.

2 answers to this question

Hi Controller,

The decoder on sale is for the locos as re-engined with the General Motors power unit. To record a Crossley engine of the type originally used in the locos (and the one required for A1) we need access to a preserved X Class engine in Australia as there are no other operational locomotives with this engine type, but plans to do this have been affected firstly by wild fires in the region at the turn of the year and more recently by COVID-19 restrictions.

We'll get it done as soon as possible!

• Like 3
  • WOW! 1

Thanks Garfield, I am looking forward to getting an A1 to add to my collection of locos. Especially one of the quality, that you guys are bringing out. There is no point in putting the wrong decoder into such a nice loco. So as soon as you have the right one, no matter how long it takes, I will order one. Keep up the good work and stay safe.

Controller.

• Thanks 1