-
Posts
157 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by Darren.d
-
-
141 would be ideal.i got a 30 ton brake from enda at Ck prints.tis a fine bit thing.could do a shunting layout with a 141 and a few wagons
-
Honestly fair play.getting curves in brass correctly. Wouldn't have the skill or patience myself.
-
Thats great work dave.is the roof brass? Had an Amazon delivery left in green bin .forgot about it til after bin collection day.600 dog poo bags went to recycling
-
Thats exactly it.its not meant to accurate its just a bit of fun .I'm a 54 year old child.and I want to play trains.after taking it out to have a look at it. i can understand the draw of the scale.a 141 121 in this scale would be outstanding.
-
-
235 euro all told.ordered saturday evening delivered Wednesday morning.big shout out to DPD for leaving it outside the door .which they consider a "safe place".
-
Only bought fer a bit of fun.will just do a paint job on it and throw some decals on it .will probably rust it up and make a diorama of it.
-
Pulled the trigger.paid 161 stg including postage.i reckon 50 euro vat and an post charges before delivery
-
Wss looking at kernows website. Dcc ready with speaker fitted dapol 08 all in delivered to dublin about 230 euro.and its already black. Would still need a repaint.
-
Black and tan livery?
-
What are you doing to the 08 was thinking of snagging one from rails. Seen sound fitted ones in 0 gauge for around 300 of the English pounds
-
-
Never thought of figures and cars.she going over in april.was looking at an 0 gsuge 08 shunter and and 0 gauge hymek.
-
The leader of the opposition is from the uk so when home in liverpool she collects stuff iv bought n sent to her sons.only thing is I can be waiting months between trips.
-
Id do probably 4 121s to run pairs. Probably same with 141s.id be curious what the demand for them in the uk would be.
-
Id postage and vat too from the uk to pay as all were bought as singles.
-
Your not the only one putting away money .fingers crossed
-
If buying autoballasters on eBay they can go anywhere from 50 to 115 sterling.iv bought 5 and some cheap and some not.all in they were about 400 euro for the 5.got decals from des sullivan.iv been told by an artist friend to go grey primer then a pink then yellow on top.
-
Iv 2 alphagraphix card kits ordered. Iv had a go at scratch building in styrene and considering id cataracts in both eyes at the time I did ok. Had a go at the gnri signal cabin that was at Connolly station
-
I'm on my second ssm brake van.i admire anyone with the Patience and skill to build a brass kit.stevie wonder wearing boxing gloves has more dexterity than I have. I guess this is why I asked if there's rtr stuff available as I'm sure I'm not the only whos enept at model building.
-
They are outstanding models dave.there are talented people in the hobby.
-
Just out curiosity what sorta money does it cost to have a kit built? I tried an ssm brake van and ended up binning it.
-
I think if like you say more people who do 7mm show their work and engage with others more will take an interest and take the plunge like myself iv only started this year I'm a complete newbie to the scale,if IRM sees a genuine interest and there's a new market to explore id love to buy rtr locomotives.iv no skill in kit building and iv no interest in steam I'm being selfish and id like to see a diesel come to market.
-
0 scale double header 121s would be a fine sight to behold.
.png.c363cdf5c3fb7955cd92a55eb6dbbae0.png)