Jump to content

Darren.d

Members
  • Posts

    157
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Darren.d

  1. Just thought I'd ask if anyone selling an nce power cab before I pull the trigger and buy one from the uk. Cheers Darren.
  2. Cheers for that.ill go look at the uk stores. Thanks for the reply.
  3. Looking to start a small layout in gauge of 0.question is what controller?id like something dcc to cover all scenarios if I plan to expand.i presume nowhere in ireland sells them. Cheers in advance Darren
  4. Iv 2 of endas 30 ton brake vans and 2 corrugated wagons in 0 gauge and they are fantastic items.highly recommended.
  5. Who doesn't love an 0 gauge corrugated wagon or 2.
  6. I bought 2 a few weeks ago and with postage was about €132 I think
  7. Coat of satin varnish and im done.
  8. With what enda is producing 0gauge isn't crazy expensive, for an 08 and rolling stock for a small layout.will say the track isn't cheap but a small shunting layout its not alot of track work. Brass kits are not my thing iv had no joy with them so a g class is out of the question unless one ever comes up for sale ready made.
  9. Had the windows covered for painting.im fairly new to airbrushing so things can get messy.iv more stuff ordered from enda and bought 2 heljan b tank wagons.will paint the pipes and con rods black .there are so few pictures in colour to work from .
  10. Bit heavy handed with the airbrush methinks.Will tone down with some washes i reckon
  11. This is my finished version of a D class shunter in 0 gauge.just need to seal in everything with a satin varnish when decals are dry.and then a weathering.printed my own decals and they came out ok. Not to be taken seriously by any means I did this for a bit of fun. Bottom picture background courtesy of chat gpt.
  12. Its only a repaint for a micro layout I'm planning.be just sat in a siding.think I'll try the lima route first. Q
  13. Cheers for that .thought I'd try here first.with the postage and vat an post charges and the 3 quid bump ebay is very pricey
  14. Before I try buying a coach used off fleabay or even worse a new one would anyone have one surplus to requirements they be willing to sell.?
  15. Cheers for that. Will give that a try
  16. I'm trying to replicate a 70s hornby wagon for 0 gauge.cant get the roof right at all.has anyone any suggestions?
  17. Bought a bullied wagon in 0 gauge from enda at CK PRINTS. A lovely peice of irish 3d printed craftsmanship .
  18. Can anyone point me in the right direction to a stl file for a chassis for a wagon.or just sole bars and axel boxes.tried on tinkercad but am useless . Cheers Dar
  19. Cheers guys.iv a dapol 08 which im going to do a very lazy conversion and paint it black and add decals.was going to buy 2 heljan tankers this week but a hunslet and a park royal coach came a knocking for a payment.
  20. Decided to have a go at painting a brake van from ck.prints in ye olde gauge of ooooh.wont win any medals but its ok for a first attempt at weathering .
  21. More or less finished painting the hymek.fronts need a tidy up and bogies need a proper paint but otherwise its looking better than i thought .tis by no means perfect.good enough for me though.
  22. Its just a bit of whimsy .I'm going to try do my own version of the trainset I got in the 70s but in 0 gauge
  23. Iv had a go painting with an airbrush .itss new thing to me.i bought 2 big big hymeks to practice on before I spend 700 quid on a heljan 0 gauge hymek .I used a vallejo grey primer and the orange top coat was very dark.anyways the hymek was 51 ft in real life and the 141 class was 44 ft.in 0 gauge its about 50mm shorter than the hymek if a model came to market hint hint.its got to be redone I just thought I'd post a pic of the first attempt at it.
  24. Iv a pile of projects I keep adding to.really need to sit down and get them done.
  25. Yeah I'm going scan and print a few spares off.can cut it up for individual panels
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use