Grange Castle

Rate this topic

Grange Castle

Grange Castle will be ( hopefully ) a modern day commuter town with station handling, Intercity, Commuter, Dart and Enterprise. Layout will be in the loft with circular line around the edges of the loft. Plan is for 4 track run around. Outside the station will be a large bus station, the town itself will have a large stobart depot. Thats about the basics at the mo.

So far i've gotten my water tanks moved and floored the attic my next step is to insulate the roof in some way and finish the electrics.

Stock so far for Grange Castle is :

Mark 2a IE Intercity coaches x 6

Galway coaches x 3

IE Genny Van

IE Restaurant

Cl.201 No. 222 River Dargle

Cl.201 No. 201 River Shannon

Cl.141 No 171

Bachmann 2 car Commuter

Weedsprayer

Autoballaster x 2

And a Virgin Pendolino 4 car set

On the list for near future;

Cl. 071 x 2

Cl. 201 Enterprise

2 X 4 car DART ( resprays)

Thats about it at the minute, I'd love to say there'll be weekly or even monthly updates but its a case of do what i can when i can afford the time/ money to do it. But I am planning for around summer ( yeah I know, not even Christmas yet!) to have to the baseboards down and track laying to begin.

On the Pendolino I have has anyone attempted or seen a respray of this into Intercity livery ? I really want this train to stay, I know i can have a wanderer but I'd like it to fit in. I'm not too bothered about resprays being model accurate but livery is important to me, sorry if i dont make sense with that last statement. And does anyone know what sort of price i can expect to pay to have it resprayed ( properly) ? Also does anyone have a respray DART ? would love to see it.

Thanks.

Sounds great!

What donor are you thinking for the dart? The 350 is a possibility ?

Check out the suppliers area for resprays. You are spoilt for choice in that regard. I've had work myself from the trainman / Graham's model shop in Portlaoise that I would recommend also Anthony on this forum!

Sounds great!

What donor are you thinking for the dart? The 350 is a possibility ?

Check out the suppliers area for resprays. You are spoilt for choice in that regard. I've had work myself from the trainman / Graham's model shop in Portlaoise that I would recommend also Anthony on this forum!

Very good just had a look at the 350's, they could be an option alright :cheers: Yeah i'll check out a few of the suppliers, not in a mad rush at the minute but defo something I'll chase up after Christmas.

That's some nice stock you have, your going at it the right way by getting the attic sorted and insulated before starting. Keep us posted of your progress :tumbsup:

Thanks Dave, yeah i had thought of rushing in slapping down a few boards and just running a few trains but then i kinda thought it'd be a better idea to get everything done first then bulid the layout. Typical attic too hot in summer and too cold in winter but hopefully I'll have addressed that soon :tumbsup: