Enfield (abandoned) up platform - resurfacing?

Rate this topic

Was on the train yesterday and at Enfield I notice that they are doing something with the up Dublin platform. The platform is split level and hasn't been in use for decades and there is a lot of over-growth that side of the station. Does anyone know if this is just a cosmetic exercise (cleaning up that side of the station) or if it's intended to have an additional platform in operation?

23 minutes ago, connollystn said:

Was on the train yesterday and at Enfield I notice that they are doing something with the up Dublin platform. The platform is split level and hasn't been in use for decades and there is a lot of over-growth that side of the station. Does anyone know if this is just a cosmetic exercise (cleaning up that side of the station) or if it's intended to have an additional platform in operation?

Not sure, but they've done a big clean up of the Galway side of Mullingar station also (don't know if its IR tho). Though it badly needs it, beams have begun falling in from the canopy.

There was also some discussion of reopening Hill of Down, though they could just be petitioning for it..

• Like 2

Thanks @GSR 800 - Yeah, the Galway side of Mullingar Station is in an awful state of repair. Don't know about Hill of Down but residents in Killucan have been petitioning Iarnród Éireann for years to have their station re-opened. Anyway, I'll be using the Dublin-Sligo rain in the coming weeks so I'll post updated regarding any developments I see at Enfield.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1