Ordering from C & L Finescale

Rate this question

Fiacra

Question

Hi folks, 

Have any of you had problems ordering from C & L? I placed an order via their website in mid-September and got confirmation from my bank that the payment went through a couple of days later. However, my order status is still showing as 'awaiting payment/awaiting processing' on the C & L website. Have sent a couple of emails, but no response. My understanding is that C & L is a one-man operation, but still, this seems like an unusually long time. Anybody else had a similar experience? 

3 answers to this question

On 4/10/2022 at 3:43 PM, Fiacra said:

Hi folks, 

Have any of you had problems ordering from C & L? I placed an order via their website in mid-September and got confirmation from my bank that the payment went through a couple of days later. However, my order status is still showing as 'awaiting payment/awaiting processing' on the C & L website. Have sent a couple of emails, but no response. My understanding is that C & L is a one-man operation, but still, this seems like an unusually long time. Anybody else had a similar experience? 

I ordered some Bullhead track last year and yes it was all very drawn out experience. Only just rejoined forum so only just noticed this post 

On 16/11/2022 at 11:13 AM, Dave Dawes said:

I ordered some Bullhead track last year and yes it was all very drawn out experience. Only just rejoined forum so only just noticed this post 

Looks like that's going to be the case for me too. My order status has changed to 'paid' and I finally received an email last week to say there had been a delay in restocking some items. So, two months later and still waiting to receive anything. I suppose it's to be expected though - the producers of finescale items are probably very small operations. 

• Agree 1

As someone whose modelling is entirely scratch or kit based, that’s absolutely true - it’s not like purchasing off some of the big suppliers. Many of these operations are run on a shoestring in someone’s spare time.

Not easy when you’re in Ireland, I know, but often the best way of acquiring stuff from smaller traders is going to a big show like Warley or Scaleforum once a year with a shopping list, and seeing the traders in person. I normally do Kettering Gauge O Guild show in March as my annual stocking up, with the Guildford O gauge group trade show in December as a top up! 

Edited by Galteemore