Trix AL1 Upgraded

Rate this topic

Darius43

Hi.  The Trix UK models were in the main produced to a scale of 3.8mm to the foot, so they are sort of HO-ish compared to OO, but they were of good quality and fidelity compared to the Triang/Hornby/Dublo models of the time.  The AL1/Class 81 model was an exception, being produced to 4mm to the foot scale.  It also, in my view, looks more like an AL1 than the Triang-Hornby or Hornby-Dublo AL1s.

Cheers

Darius

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Darius43 said:

Hi.  The Trix UK models were in the main produced to a scale of 3.8mm to the foot, so they are sort of HO-ish compared to OO, but they were of good quality and fidelity compared to the Triang/Hornby/Dublo models of the time.  The AL1/Class 81 model was an exception, being produced to 4mm to the foot scale.  It also, in my view, looks more like an AL1 than the Triang-Hornby or Hornby-Dublo AL1s.

Cheers

Darius

The Trix 3.8 mm coaches and wagons came in kit form in pre coloured plastic and took only a few minutes to assemble. They also provided the option of using the Hornby Dublo (Peco) coupler or the tension lock type Triang inflicted on us. I still have a few items purchased about 1963. It was a brave move and an attempt to provide rolling stock that was a bit closer to scale for the 16.5mm (HO) track that is and was in general use But never took off.

• Like 2