best retailer for blank loksounds and who will pre flash one for me?

Rate this question

Sean

Question

I'm looking to purchase a couple of loksound FX's for experimentation purposes,  can anybody tell me a good retailer for this at the moment? eu preferable or pre paid customs if UK. I also do not have any kind of programmer at the moment, so ideally i would like to find a retailer who will program the chip before sending it out to me with one of the free projects.

not asking for much am I? :D 

anyone able to point me in the right direction on this.

Sean

• Like 2

2 answers to this question

On 12/3/2023 at 3:02 AM, Sean said:

I'm looking to purchase a couple of loksound FX's for experimentation purposes,  can anybody tell me a good retailer for this at the moment? eu preferable or pre paid customs if UK. I also do not have any kind of programmer at the moment, so ideally i would like to find a retailer who will program the chip before sending it out to me with one of the free projects.

Sean

Hi Sean, sorry this is such a late reply.

I find Modellbahn Lippe the best source for blank ESU decoders. No Brexit  and free shipping on orders over €100.

https://www.modellbahnshop-lippe.com/Digital+_sp_+Digital+boxes/Digital/gb/liste.html?spur=H0&hersteller=ESU&grup=Decoder+with+sound

Unfortunately I don't think the can program them for you.

Edited by irishthump
  • Like 4

On 12/3/2023 at 3:02 AM, Sean said:

Sean

As Graham has suggested modelbahnshoplippe (https://www.modellbahnshop-lippe.com) is the best pricing on blank ESU decoders.

You will need a LokProgrammer to program and upload a sound project yourself, or buy a commercially available sound file from the likes of wheeltappersdccsound and burn it yourself onto blank decoders. But for the Fx you probably only need to connect it to your DCC programming/test track so you can adjust CV values and mapping.

modelbahnshoplippe is euro and bypasses any brexitistani delays and costs by avoiding GB retail channels. The sound files for 071 and 201 are free from ESU's own website library as are other US EMD variants that are suitable for 121,141,181 but you'll need your own horn, guards whistle and flange squeal recordings to make up an Irish sounding baby GM. Graham has done a lot of work in this area. 

• Informative 1