Murphy Models Locos with Hornby's HM7000 Bluetooth Control

Rate this topic

declan64

I've spent some time during the week to see how compatible the new Hornby HM7000 TXS Bluetooth decoders are with the last four Murphy Models loco releases (141/181, 071/111, 201 and 121) and the results are posted in the video below.

With no sound profiles for these locos currently available, the TXS decoders probably won't be of much interest to Irish modellers right now but their non sound variants could be for those who currently run DCC without sound, or for those who are still DC bound but wouldn't mind getting into digital control on the cheap without investing in a DCC controller.

• Like 4
  • Informative 2

Excellent, thank you.

So buying the 21 Pin decoder and powerbank, and downloading the (free?) application from the Apple store or whatever they call it, you can basically run a DCC light and sound loco on a DC layout?

And I assume you just leave your DC controller set at full power in any direction and don't touch it again?

That's it in a nutshell. Now, not all DC controllers are created equal. PWM based controllers such as the Gaugemaster range are causing problems with these decoders so do a check first in the Hornby docs to make sure you are good. The cheap and cheerful Bachmann controller I used is fine but it's direct Hornby equivalent isn't. Having used this for a few weeks now it really does change how you run your trains and it is so much cheaper and easier to use than DCC.

• Informative 2