IRM A Class Question

Rate this topic

Patrick Davey

The curse of impatience strikes again....... one should have the sense not to run one's beautiful dark green A class loco A46 on one's new layout until the blasted PVA-soaked chinchilla dust has fully dried.......

Anyway I now have lots of Kellogg-esque crunching noises coming from the loco and Alan (Tullygrainey) of this parish has kindly taken her to clean her out for me.

Can anyone tell us how the base keeper plates are removed from underneath the bogies?

TIA

Many thanks for this. Found the 4 clips but  there seems to be a clip at each end of the baseplate as well. and I can’t for the life of me see how they unclip. Fearful of doing damage here

postscript: Ah, got it! Perseverance and verbal blandishments in equal measure

Edited by Tullygrainey

2 hours ago, Tullygrainey said:

Many thanks for this. Found the 4 clips but  there seems to be a clip at each end of the baseplate as well. and I can’t for the life of me see how they unclip. ....

The ends only need to be prised upwards as the side clips are being released. 

1 minute ago, Horsetan said:

The ends only need to be prised upwards as the side clips are being released. 

Yes, took me a while to suss that. Slow learner 🙄 Thanks again.

I think we've now  got most of the dead chinchillas out of Patrick's pride and joy. At least the crunching noises have disappeared. And none of the little critters got as far as the drive train so big relief all round.

• Like 2