New Motive Power for Portadown Jct

Rate this topic

Kernow Models gave me a New Year present in the form of GWR Steam Railmotor No.93 (which still exists in rebuilt form at the Great Western Society at Didcot). Having travelled in the "real thing", I couldn't resist it and, after all, the GNR(I) DID have one! So, here she is, off on a short working to Richhill. Photo there when she arrives!

This model has had a very long gestation - seven years or so? When I was in to pick up mine in Guildford today, the man in front was picking up a pre-order for his deceased brother in law! I hope that the poor man saw the prototypes before going to his reward. So guys, NEVER complain about IRM not telling you that something's coming until it's months away!

This is just a quick shot to let you see it, I had places to go to, people to see......

More later!

Nice or what?

Another "pick-up" follows!

No.186 has got her chip and was also picked up today - thanks to Guildford's chipping Wizard, Mike. Gives a whole new meaning to Forty Shades of Grey?

Video of her on a cattle special after the weekend.

IMG_7792copy.thumb.jpg.5107ff56088f41d8386069b80dc24128.jpg

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 8
  • WOW! 1