LHR to Dover

Rate this topic

K801

Team,

I am flying into the UK Wednesday for a rare cruise around the UK/Ireland, on one of the worlds biggest ships

The ship leaves from Dover, can anybody help plan a train trip from London Heathrow to Dover 

Admins I'll delete Wednesday

thanks

carnival-jubilee-exterior-montego-bay-colleen-mcdaniel.thumb.jpg.ce83f4e7a0155cba0088df8c5cc7c59b.jpg

Admins I will delete Wednesday thanks

Edited by K801
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, K801 said:

Team,

I am flying into the UK Wednesday for a rare cruise around the UK/Ireland, on one of the worlds biggest ships

The ship leaves from Dover, can anybody help plan a train trip from London Heathrow to Dover 

Admins I'll delete Wednesday

thanks

carnival-jubilee-exterior-montego-bay-colleen-mcdaniel.thumb.jpg.ce83f4e7a0155cba0088df8c5cc7c59b.jpg

Admins I will delete Wednesday thanks

Heathrow Express train to Paddington. Tube to St Pancras (circle line) and catch train to Dover.  Can also get trains from London Bridge, but it’s a more awkward tube journey. The UK’s ‘National Rail Journey Planner’  (Google search will find)  will give you actual times etc 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Good Morning,

I would not use "Heathrow Express", I believe they still charge premium fares for a 10 minute quicker journey,.  Use the "Elizabeth Line" instead, then Circle/Hammersmith and City lines, but expect long walks at Paddington and St Pancras as the signage deliberately sends you on long routes to "control passenger flow".

There are also Dover trains 2 per hour from London Victoria to Dover, but these trains now take at least 2 hours, they were slowed down to make the St Pancras trains look faster (seriously, extra stops and slower speeds), likewise the London Bridge services.

Unless your tour operator has sorted transport at Dover Priory I don't think there is any bus service to the cruise line terminal.

Apart from what I have just said above, enjoy the holiday! 

• Like 2

Elizabeth line to Stratford, and pick up a St, Pancras to Dover there. (Route via Ashford) Taxi from Dover Priory is best way to finish.

then again, maybe not, there’s a big gap between Stratford Underground and Stratford International (taxi?)

so it’s fight your way through St.P to the Southeastern station.

Edited by Northroader
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1