Reference Material- CIE in the 80's

Rate this topic

dave182

I agree Eiretrains, the train with the trunking would be a most interesting train to model. On that subject, I love freight, and I am amazed at the weird and wonderful images this site has thrown up over the last couple of years. The 10 to 15 years around the introduction of the 001s and C201s makes for some fantastic and unusual consists- I'm surprised it is not modelled more. I guess it's a period that not many of us remember, and would require a lot of scratch building and ingenuity on behalf of the modeller!

It's a period that site member Patrick (down in NZ? Oz?) has captured really well- I'd love to see his take on some of the wagons and consists pictured!

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a link to yet another set of pictures I've never seen before, with some great shots of rarely photographed PW machines for Heirflick, some great reference picture for anyone building the SSM inspection car at the moment, and a most unusual bogie tank wagon, possibly an early weedspray rake? (just a guess)

http://jandjcottrell.zenfolio.com/p487224326