Historical prices of MM locos - archive web sites

Rate this topic

Noel

I've noticed the Cravens retailing from €39 to €49 alot, I got most of mine for 39 each. At one show a year or two ago one guy was nearly giving them away as he couldn't shift them. Think they were going for about €20-25 brand new, never opened.

Still the best RTR coach on the market so they are worth the money no question.

Still the best RTR coach on the market so they are worth the money no question.

Agree MM Cravens are in a league of their own. Like you between sales and haggling I got ours for €39ea from retailers. MM Baby GMS and Cravens seem to be the unsurpased pinnacle of Irish RTR stock. The 071s are not far behind, but the Mk2s and 201s never blew my skirt up which in fairness is probably more to do with the prototypes than the models, although I never liked the bright shade of orange on the tippex models.

Does anybody know what price the Baby GMs retailed at back in 2008?

Post recession and increasing labour costs in China, one wonders what future prices may be like.

The supertrain Mk2s are €56 up from €49 for the earlier releases. Likewise the last batch of 201s are €175 up from €160-165 for the earlier releases. 1f/when the 121s see the light of day they may well be €135-140 I reckon. I hope the IR Mk2Ds and IE compos show up at some stage too.