Italian railway modelling

Rate this topic

Anyone here interested in Italian railways? Just came back from Liguria and my interest has been rekindled :) All sorts of traffic passed through Lavanga station, from Austrian and Swiss inter-modal trains to the night trains on their way to Sicily and the rest of southern Italy. Here's a couple of videos to give yous an idea of what kind of traffic passes though :)

• 3 months later...

Hi I have a passing interest in Italian railways having spent summer holidays in Umbria for the past 12 years.We have travelled quite a bit by train especially in the early years when we would take the train from Rome to Perugia.A journey of 2 3/4 hours.(These days I drive.) We have also travalled locally to Assisi and Foligno.

I have taken some photos and video over the years and will post them anon.I have also collected some Italian outline models whilst there.

Jack

Hi I have a passing interest in Italian railways having spent summer holidays in Umbria for the past 12 years.We have travelled quite a bit by train especially in the early years when we would take the train from Rome to Perugia.A journey of 2 3/4 hours.(These days I drive.) We have also travalled locally to Assisi and Foligno.

I have taken some photos and video over the years and will post them anon.I have also collected some Italian outline models whilst there.

Jack

A great place to go on holidays always enjoyed any time I spent there

Hi Rich

Here are the pics of the Italian models I have collected so far.The coaches are basic Lima/Hobbyline.3 of the Locos are also Lima.The last 2 are a step up.The first of those 2 is a Roco Class E444 and the second is a Class 445 diesel,this is made by a firm called OS Kar which I hadn't heard of until I bought this.It really is a delightful model.

The Lima diesel is a model of the same class but isn't a patch on the OS KAR version.The latter was 3 times the the price though!

There is a feature in this months Continental Modeller on an Italian layout.They are not that common in the press so it may be worth having a look.

Jack

DSCF2595.jpg

DSCF2594.jpg

DSCF2593.jpg

DSCF2591.jpg

DSCF2588.jpg

DSCF2587.jpg

DSCF2586.jpg

DSCF2585.jpg

DSCF2584.jpg

DSCF2595.jpg

DSCF2594.jpg