Platform sound.

Rate this question

joe123

Question

3 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, joe123 said:

Hi  All  i need some help please, And have 2 questions for you.  The  Murphy model locos is there a front and a back to them ?. And  the second question is have anyone tried the sound scene on the platform. And how was it? Thanks for your help.

Having a cab at both ends makes them appear symmetrical, but in real life one end was known as cab 1 and the other cab 2 (which was which I know not), but on our layout I have programmed all decoders so that the end with the roof grill is regarded as the forward end of the loco, so when I select FWD on my cab control I know for sure which direction the loco will go. This is particularly handy to know for shunting operations. Unfortunately I can't help you with 'platform sound' other than to say I have occasionally played some mp3 files with ambient railway noises like inside a station, traffic, shunting noises, passing trains, etc, station announcements, etc. Not to dissimilar to the old Hornby cassette tape below:

1 hour ago, joe123 said:

And  the second question is have anyone tried the sound scene on the platform. And how was it? Thanks for your help.

I use a bluetooth 'Onn' (Asda/Walmart own brand) speaker hidden in the Urby card bus to play announcements or other sounds. I also use it to playmusic whilst working on that section (Somewhere Station)....IMG_20190109_174622.jpg.0c6bd2f4ce74a46a49cadcb3f942f9da.jpgIMG_20190108_201106.jpg.620f20352708073d37645d9e83dd3ec8.jpg

• Like 1