Narrow Gauge Steam

Rate this topic

airfixfan

• 3 weeks later...

Couldn't find this mag in WHS, but did find a similar publication called Wheels of Industry, where there are four pictures of Larne aluminium works locos. However at ten quid, you'll probably need a wider interest in all things industrial. A decent article on Aveling and Porter locos persuaded me to part with the cash, plus another one on crane tanks. Not that I'm about to build either, but do find such things interesting.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 8:18 PM, David Holman said:

Couldn't find this mag in WHS, but did find a similar publication called Wheels of Industry, where there are four pictures of Larne aluminium works locos. However at ten quid, you'll probably need a wider interest in all things industrial. A decent article on Aveling and Porter locos persuaded me to part with the cash, plus another one on crane tanks. Not that I'm about to build either, but do find such things interesting.

Got that magazine Wheels of Industry for 7.99 including p&p. Robbed by WHS?

• Like 1

On 8/2/2020 at 11:19 AM, David Holman said:

Looks like it!

Inside there is also a photo of a contractor's loco on the C&L.

Correction David it is a photo of an industrial called Donegal used to build the Strabane and Letterkenny Railway from 1906 and when opened in 1909 it was the last new NG line in Ireland.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...