Wainthrop Bridge

Rate this topic

Si2020

Not had much bench time recently with other things going on but made a start on the chassis the other evening.

Its is compensated and has a floating centre axle, which can be a pain when your trying to put it on the rails at a show.

IMG_5058.thumb.JPG.4b38399fcf8e7939134b7b07a20807d1.JPG

• Like 3

Hi all,

So a few days away from the bench since the last post but a couple of hours on sunday night has got me to this point. Nearly time for a dip in the ultrasonic bath and then some primer before checking.

IMG_5623.JPG.6480fa3f48bd9c00f6521351a2425855.JPG

Edited by Si2020
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

So not much building going on at the moment as Im getting all the stock ready for the big layout that sout at the end of May, but I thougth I would post up another photo for you all.

IMG_2691.thumb.JPG.b512bcfdce573822b1b5fab3340c4475.JPG

Taken at the Preston Model railway exhibiton 2023.

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

Now The big train set has had its only show apperance for this year, its time to do a bit more on the stock for Wainthrop to bolster the rakes that I can run.

The second of the twin bolster is now done and they are both almost ready fo the spray booth

IMG_3225.thumb.JPG.cdba536360a6f65b5492c17fcb2028b0.JPG

Just need to decide whether to have a short load on them or have a long load after seeing a nice photo in one of the Lancashire & Yorkshire Miscellany books. The longer load would, I think, provide some diffent to run at shows and making operating the layout more challenging.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...