The Ballycrochan Line 2018- present

Rate this topic

I thought this little video i did recently might be of interest, especially perhaps for those who haven't been following it on "another platform."

I love building Irish models, but I also love running "trains" of all sorts - If I like it, I run it, and I've a much treasured Hornby Dublo collection too -still setting the pace after 60 years, some of them.  Am i really that old....?!

Anyway, enjoy counting the wagons.  I think it's 103 including brake.

Colm

• Like 6
  • WOW! 2

Excellent. Those Hornby Dublo wagons were superb for their day and were not bettered until Bachmann's 1990s efforts. The Double wagons evoke great memories. Have a soft spot for the grain wagons, Mobil and Shell tankers and especially the saxa salt wagon. Great memories. I do remember as a boy trying to break records with length of trains, those old Hornby Dublo locos with their fantastic liner ringfield motors were legendary, and super smooth. That's some achievement pulling that many HD wagons as they had plastic wheels and axles that were not frictionless. Same with the coaches which were not the most frictionless. Mixing stock was a challenge with the HD anchor couplings and TLCs on newer stuff and Wrenn.