Londonderry and Lough Swilly Loco etches

Rate this topic

Colin R

Hi guys not sure were this should go, but I have been discussing the possibilities of a couple more Swilly steam locos in 00n3, with Allen from Worsley Works.

The plan for now is for him to produce the following sets of etches:-

Black Hawthorn 0-6-0T 'Inishowen'

Hudswell Clark 4-6-2T

Hawthorn Leslie 4-6-2T

Hudswell Clark 4-8-4T and the 4-8-0Tender locos as well as both the Andrew Barclay 4-6-0T and Kerr Stuart 4-6-2T are all or have been in production in the past, the top three designs would complete any Swilly based railway layout, you can dream up.

In order for all of them to go forward Allen would like to know if there would be sufficient support for each model, we are looking to produce a minimum run of ten sets of etches per loco. Casting, motors, wheels and gear boxes would need to be obtained by the builder themselves.

Please let me know if you are interested in any of the above, I can tell you that we already have interest in at least one of each.

regards

Colin Rainsbury  

• Like 2

I didn't realse there was much difference between the four of them, and I stand corrected, I have sent Allen the drawing from the back of the L&LSR book by JIC Boyd, No 8, but if there is another drawing of the other two please let me know where I can get hold of it, if we are going to do this right then the better amount of information we have the better the etches. 

Colin

• Like 1

I have to admit that I am pleasantly surprised by all of this, I think I can say that I have been informed that at least ten of each of the three locos proposed would sell.

If anyone has access to any works drawings for these locos, I would love to hear from you.

Colin Rainsbury