Sign in to follow this  
GNRi1959

IRM Tours

Rate this topic

If you’re ever in the Omagh area anyone on this forum is welcome to visit for a cup if tea and tour of the new garden shed, home of everything Irish GNRi. 

• Like 2

IRM tours?

Now that's an idea, after the successful visit by some of us to the Downs of Patrick a few years ago.

A visit to Tony, plus maybe Donegal Railway Museum?  Or Headhunters in Enniskillen?

Moderators - maybe something worth considering?

Edited by jhb171achill
  • Like 1

JB, I would probably wait until there something to see first! Today sees the finish of the landscaping around the shed while inside I have started to scratch build my wagons. I'm in no hurry to either build baseboards yet or lay track, that come in January I think. 

We'd probably be thinking well ahead anyway, Tony! In any event, a tour of your area would be of great interest anyway, with those lovely bridges to explore on the Omagh - Strabane section.....

Its sounds like a good idea American modelers (Worldwide) and other "special interest" groups tend to stay in touch through conventions (hiring a hall and layout tours) rather than attending exhibitions. There seems to be enough good layouts and modelling interest to support IRN Conventions in the Ulster, Leinster & Cork. Conventions are aimed at the modeler rather than the general public and usually include trade stands, workshops,, layout tours and visits to preserved lines/railway workshops.