IRM A Class Minor Quality Control Issue

Rate this question

DiveController

Question

Well, after criticizing DHL on another thread, the shipment came through Cincinatti this time, might not have even landed and headed south. DHL surprised me by landing 4 IRM IR Class As on the door step tonight. Well packed, the IRM green packaging, not the parcel, more on that later.

Took me about 5 minute to get it out of the packaging, nearly as Long as Sam's trains! lol

No sooner out of the box than a tiny shepherd's crook of plastic falls to the floor from the leading axle of the bogie on the left side.

Wondering if this is press fit or should have been glued on?

Using the other cab as a comparison and trying to carefully avoid the adjacent steps (and the ones on the opposite side to avoid breakage), I tried to fit it back firstly with finger and then a tiny flat head screwdriver to no avail. Anyone know how to reattach this piece?

IMG_2746.jpeg

4 answers to this question

This looks more like a case of the part being shaken loose in transit rather than a quality control failing(!).

I'm not sure if UHU glue is available in the USA, but a light dab of a similar tacky glue applied with a cocktail stick/pin should hold the speedo in place, as David suggests above.

23 hours ago, Garfield said:

This looks more like a case of the part being shaken loose in transit rather than a quality control failing(!).

I'm not sure if UHU glue is available in the USA, but a light dab of a similar tacky glue applied with a cocktail stick/pin should hold the speedo in place, as David suggests above.

Agreed, more likely broken in transit I guess. Surprising as the box is pretty beefy. There is a a leading axle looking at me behind there so I wanted to be sure the thing needed to be glued in the first place

• Like 1