Kato Track

Rate this topic

gm171 kk

I will possibly have to sell my new layout soon due to space constraints and I'm looking for alternatives. 

Kato track seems like a good option to keep trains running while not having space for a more permanent layout. 

What are people's experiences with Kato track for Irish models? Are there any pros and cons you've come across? 

maxresdefault (1).jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gm171 kk said:

I will possibly have to sell my new layout soon due to space constraints and I'm looking for alternatives. 

Kato track seems like a good option to keep trains running while not having space for a more permanent layout. 

What are people's experiences with Kato track for Irish models? Are there any pros and cons you've come across? 

maxresdefault (1).jpg

I haven't any personal experience with Kato track, the photo looks spot on for American track and looks a lot more realistic than Peco Code 80 or 55 N gauge track. 

With the realistic track and standard and details of 3251 I almost want to resume where I left off my American N Scale modelling buy some Kato track and keep my stock of Peco for staging and hidden track

I know of one large layout in Auckland which uses Kato track, the owner is the former owner of a model shop and importer of American and Japanese railway models prefers Kato to other system

I used Kato N track for several years. I can’t comment on the HO stuff much but the key benefit is that Kato stuff is actually designed to be repeatedly taken apart and stored (Japanese homes often don’t allow much room for layouts so huge temporary systems can easily be built this way - running on the floor - and taken down). It’s got robust connectors and should give a reliable way of running trains without the ‘fishplate’ connectivity issues that often come with other sectional makes.

Edited by Galteemore