CIE BRAKE VAN STOVE CHIMNEYS

Rate this question

Pete00018

Question

Hi

Just wondering can anyone advise what colour the chimney would be of the stoves in brake vans, around the 1950s CIE days?   

Would it be painted black or grey? Doubt it would of been left bare metal nor painted white lead like the roofs.  Trying to find photos online but none clear of the roof but I can see model have them black. Photos of UK models seem to show them black.

I'm thinking Humbrol matt black 33 and a little Humbrol dry brushing of 113 rust brown.

Thanks

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Pete00018 said:

Hi

Just wondering can anyone advise what colour the chimney would be of the stoves in brake vans, around the 1950s CIE days?   

Would it be painted black or grey? Doubt it would of been left bare metal nor painted white lead like the roofs.  Trying to find photos online but none clear of the roof but I can see model have them black. Photos of UK models seem to show them black.

I'm thinking Humbrol matt black 33 and a little Humbrol dry brushing of 113 rust brown.

Thanks

Painted normal colour of van, thus grey, just like every single other square inch of the van. Got dark-coloured with rust & smoke almost immediately, though!