How are Murphy Models Craven Coach Windows held in place?

Rate this question

kevin_gal

Question

5 answers to this question

@kevin_gal Craven glazing is heald in by the lugs in the ceiling and the flush glazing design, when the coach is assembled the floor locks into the glazing to hold it in place. If the glazing is falling out of place while trying to fit the floor and chassis- a small dab of non bluming cyano glue on each end will hold it in place.

Eoin

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, kevin_gal said:

Are the windows part of a clear section that is attached inside the body frame or are they supposed to be bonded to the inside of the body frame?

Has anyone ever dismantled a Craven coach?

Just in case these are of any help

IMG_5464.jpg

IMG_5465.jpg

Its been 4 years and I still haven't gotten around to repainting the seats a less fisher price colour.  These are superb coaches on the exterior sadly lacking in authentic upholstery colours, bulk heads and floors, etc. Hopefully while I'm at it will put in lighting and passengers.

Edited by Noel
Lexdysia
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 2

Indeed - always thought those "fisher price" interiors spoiled the appearance of an otherwise excellent coach. The upholstery in those was for most of their lives a sort of very dark grey or black. Floors and table edges were mid grey, and interior walls were either a "mock wood" brown finish, or a small checked design of light grey and white.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

32 minutes ago, Noel said:

Just in case these are of any help

IMG_5464.jpg

IMG_5465.jpg

Its been 4 years and I still haven't gotten around to repainting the seats a less fisher price colour.  These are superb coaches on the exterior sadly lacking in authentic upholstery colours, black heads and floors, etc. Hopefully while I'm at it will put in lighting and passengers.

Thanks Noel,

Those photos are very useful, to be able to see where the tabs are located.

• Like 2