Back scenes.

Rate this question

wiggy

Question

Can someone point me in the right direction on the scale of back scenes.

I've asked the question from a seller and the answer I got was 'look at our web site' which did not answer the question so he will lose on my business.

Now for the question.

You can buy back scenes in different heights, 9", 12" & 15" so is the 9" for 'N' gauge, 12" for 'OO' and 15" for 'O' gauges or is it a matter of preference.?

Simples.

Please do not refer me to a web site unless it answer's my question.

Thanks,

Wiggy.

10 answers to this question

http://www.art-printers.com/

This lot appear to be the manufacturer of the scenes sold by many model shops online, they specifically state that they do also do a range for 'N' and also 'O'.

The differing heights they offer, they state, are just for people that need differing heights of backscene.

They also have another trick up or two their sleeve - they can do backscenes on vinyl, for damper modelling rooms, and also they can do custom scenes from your own photos...

They have a phone number and have been recommended to me on quite a few occasions.

Best I can offer.

-Rob

http://www.art-printers.com/

This lot appear to be the manufacturer of the scenes sold by many model shops online, they specifically state that they do also do a range for 'N' and also 'O'.

The differing heights they offer, they state, are just for people that need differing heights of backscene.

They also have another trick up or two their sleeve - they can do backscenes on vinyl, for damper modelling rooms, and also they can do custom scenes from your own photos...

They have a phone number and have been recommended to me on quite a few occasions.

Best I can offer.

-Rob

Thanks for that Rob.

I have been emailing them over the past 3 or 4 months asking for info on how and where to buy along with other questions.

Although they are not the ones I was referring to in the thread I have had no reply from them either.

I was hopping someone on here could say what the difference was apart from me buying them to find out for my self.

Thanks any way.

Wiggy.

For me a lot of the back scenes on sale just look back scenes. I go for ones that you can merge from the layout into the distance giving you that crucial depth of field. I got mine from International Modellers but I think the real secret is disguising the join from layout to back scene. As Rob says the height is only relative to how high up your backdrop you want to go.