Station building and signal box colours in the late 50s early 60s

Rate this topic

Dave Dawes

Afternoon you knowledgeable lot, a question for you all.

What was the most used colours for stations and signal boxes in the late 50s early 60s.

IE window frames, windows, doors guttering ect.

My station on the new layout is a small building with a single platform, the run round loop, sidings are up from the station and controlled from small signal box

1 hour ago, Dave Dawes said:

Lovely that's what I thought but wanted to make sure, thanks

There are some lovely examples of the colour CIE used to paint the West cork stations to close em! Including the interior of one particular signal box 

Green/ red and cream/yellow seems to have been the most popular colours alright. I have seen blue being used too though. Any photos of a plan of this layout?

10 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

There are some lovely examples of the colour CIE used to paint the West cork stations to close em! Including the interior of one particular signal box 

Green/ red and cream/yellow seems to have been the most popular colours alright. I have seen blue being used too though. Any photos of a plan of this layout?

No photos at the moment. I will get a plan drawn and start a link in the layouts file

• Like 1