Jump to content

Westcorkrailway

Members
  • Posts

    2,602
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

Everything posted by Westcorkrailway

  1. Bantry did have a bilingual sign (see first pic). It seems that they were slow to just discard of the old signs in places, which makes sense. it was quite common in west cork to see the two side by side
  2. Yer man who owns them dosent fancy the places getting publicity!
  3. Maybe that one can stay missing…
  4. 2013 dosent seem that long ago….
  5. This level of anticipation would’ve killed somone in the days of waiting for the A class to come out I remeber folks on here trying to track the ship they were coming in!
  6. Anyone miss Dayglo? Well IE have painted 082 in IE livery ScreenRecording_09-30-2026 14-11-44_1.mov
  7. Asked a pal and just one saloon coach ended up being purchased by the macroom
  8. Maybe I’m incorrect in thinking this, but did the Macroom Buy 5’3 coaches off the passage railway after the switchover? It’s in my head for some reason.
  9. Kindles building was not too bad when the full canopy was in place, but without a canopy, it does look unorthodox belgooly road station would be interesting, or a ballygarvan!
  10. Installed today to be fair! some sort of “greenway hub”
  11. 7161 (CIE green Mark 3 coach) landed in Ardagh this morning, being in the area, I went for a look and took some snaps
  12. The original plan “the Cork, Passage and Kinsale Railway” would have gone all the way to Kinsale as the name suggests. This plan was killed when the Cork and Kinsale Junction Railway got permission to build its line in the late 1850s interestingly, this scheme had a proposed connection to the Bandon along the Owenabue Valley. You could have had halts at Ballygarvan, Five Mile, Ballinhassig and Halfway. The kinsale section probobly would have had stations for Ballymartle and Belgooly Road I often wonder if this line had been built, would it have served the people of Kinsale better! I have Colm’s book at home (Naturally) must see what’s in it
  13. Can’t remember the details of the 1961 all Ireland tour but I think there was a few trips made that day, it’s in my head that this is one of those trips, where the coaching stock of the tour was swapped for the last of the 6 wheel excursion stock. https://flic.kr/p/2prsHVk 1961 tour https://flic.kr/p/2pwD2UY 468 on passenger duty Bandon’s were almost exclusively on goods as soon as Ivatts and latterly railcars took that job. It seems like past the mid 50s, it was far more likely to see a Bandon Tank Working an East Cork Train Rather than West. Seeing as Bandon’s were based out of Glanmire Road at that time and were a preferred station pilot
  14. The Bandon tanks, unusually enough aren’t well photographed out this direction. thought it was interesting as the area of Dunkettle has changed so much since too
  15. 464 with a train of 6 wheel coaches and a tin van in 1961 at the station of Dunkettle.
  16. Did you hold your breath under there
  17. I wouldn’t mind if it was rebuilt as a carriage but could you imagine a 1980s push pull set, but in green rather than orange
  18. Some of the highlights I found last night.
  19. Are these drawings for the one and only “Pat” https://www.museum.ie/collections/collection/object-166275/
  20. I always thought that if the transport meuseum in Dublin were the move and they gained a handful or surplus railway stuff (say, 5T, sleive callan, the RPSI spare 141s ect. ) it would be fine. getting to Sligo isint an easy trek either. You’d get to Belfast from Dublin faster!
  21. 97 percent in fenit
  22. Send it to Moyasta, I hear they’ve a few more spots opened
  23. Funny as it’s listed as 234A. A coach that survives in preservation.
  24. Ive heard conflicting reports from RPSI volunteers. But from what I’ve heard it seems to be cancelled
  25. I volunteer my layout as tribute anyway, here is a screen recording of that Facebook clip ScreenRecording_07-14-2026 15-52-45_1.mov
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use