For Sale: Murphy Models 071's

Rate this topic

Hi All.

I have a few brand new Murphy Models 071's to sell. I had bought them as donors for freight grey re-sprays, but I wasn't overly happy with the decal work on the few that I received, so I've decided to see if anybody wants them before I risk more funky decal work.

They cost an arm and a leg, about €315 to €320 each. Hard to be exact as it was some time last year and customs gave me the raping of my life. I hadn't been expecting that as I had the value under-declared but was caught out either way, and had to produce proof of payment. Lesson learned there and I've tried being smarter since.

I'll list them on Adverts.ie for €350 each, as it will cost me both postage and import duties to get them up to Ireland. The 071's are heavy enough and bulky enough so I'm guessing €20 to 30 each if posted individually.

An alternative would be giving them to somebody to take back up to Ireland with them, saving a bit of wasted money, so if you know of anybody with Tenerife holidays planned, keep that in mind.

Anyhow, if anybody is interested, feel free to get in touch. I intend posting them up to Ireland over the next few weeks. Had been thinking of doing it on my day off next week but I'm going to donate blood, and that always leaves me a bit woozy for a day or two.

There are three IE livery factory-weathered 085's and a silver and black livery 082. I thought that I also had a ST one but I'm either hallucinating or it's hidden behind something.

They've never been run, so I can either test-run them or sell them as pure BNIB's.

If they don't sell, I'll probably get them repainted anyhow.

To add, I am loath to list them on eBay as I've tried finding out about selling from an Irish location, while using a Spanish bank account, and being fiscal resident in the Canary Islands, so three different sets of regulations, but that just blows everybody's minds.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...