Cork, Blackrock and Passage Railway

Rate this topic

Colin R

Hi Guys.

I am just asking since if anyone was to know I am sure you will.

I am looking for any photos but more so any rolling stock plans from the CB&PR mainly the carriages but I would be interested in the goods stock as well.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Colin  

Best option for photos might be the IRRS archive - but oakwood did a book on the line many years ago. From memory, some nice carriage photos in there.

As far as good was concerned, they didn't carry much - alone among Irish narrow gauge lines, this was primarily a commuter railway (which, as an aside, also was the only Irish narrow gauge line with any double track).

If it's for models, loco livery lined black, carriages dark green. After GSR takeover, locos unlined all-grey, carriages dark maroon.

Thanks Jhb, I have the book in question, but do not have the details of what some of the coaches looked like. I have a number of Worsley work etches which I hope to convert in to soem of the other types.

Edited by Colin R

On 17/7/2023 at 9:17 PM, Colin R said:

Hi Guys.

I am just asking since if anyone was to know I am sure you will.

I am looking for any photos but more so any rolling stock plans from the CB&PR mainly the carriages but I would be interested in the goods stock as well.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Colin  

Do you have Colms creedons book on the topic? They can be quite cheaply picked up and despite the aged print quality are well worth it 

I know the passage west maritime museum did an exhibition on the subject recently and might be able to point you in the correct direction for drawings ect.

• Like 1