C&L Finescale

Rate this topic

GNRi1959

I have built plain track using it in 7mm. It was pretty straightforward. Only issue I have in 7mm is they don't do check rail chairs for S7 so I went back to brass rivet construction for my S7 points.

I have P4 point kit to build which has all the correct chairs. I believe that they do full sets of chairs in 4mm in OOFS, EM and P4 standards.

So if your working in 7FS or in 4mm you should be fine.

I built a small 4mm (EM gauge) industrial layout using C&L bull head track in a small apartment in the UK about 30 years ago!

Pointwork handlaid using their abs chairs and sleepers and plain trackwork using C&L flexible track, fairly straightforward to use layout operated at home and at a number of exhibitions in Ireland and the UK including Warley

As Horsetan indicated can work out expensive, especially if you use their pre-formed switch blades and crossing assemblies.

Peco ready to lay Bullhead track system would probably be a better option if you are working in OO https://peco-uk.com/blogs/news/bullhead-oo-fine-scale-code-75-track

ModelsPortarlington003.thumb.jpg.e368311e068ef083673bbe016d46ccdc.jpg

Interestingly the chaired track is not too noticeable at normal viewing distance

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mayner said:

....As Horsetan indicated can work out expensive, especially if you use their pre-formed switch blades and crossing assemblies.

I recently offered two 7mm A5 full point kits on eBay at half the current retail price each. They contained everything including pre-formed blades and common crossings, plus gauges, and were very quickly snapped up!