Brass coach kits

Rate this topic

jhb171achill

I think I may already know the answer to this one, but just in case;

I have a number of brass coach kits, unmade. Mostly SSM stuff. My eyesight is simply not up to putting these together, let alone detailed lining on them. I am not getting any younger.

Like most of us here, I'm aware of a number of folks who will make these up for a suitable cost - but all that I have asked are either too busy to take on any more, or no longer taking on commissions. I had been in touch with someone in England too, who seems no longer available either.

I am also aware that for those who can take on such commissions, the lead-in times run into years and years..... as these folks have other lives to lead too, no doubt!

So, my question is - does anyone know a builder of these types of kits who might be in a position to complete about half a dozen carriages for me, in a realistic timescale?

2 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

I think I may already know the answer to this one, but just in case;

I have a number of brass coach kits, unmade. Mostly SSM stuff. My eyesight is simply not up to putting these together, let alone detailed lining on them. I am not getting any younger.

Like most of us here, I'm aware of a number of folks who will make these up for a suitable cost - but all that I have asked are either too busy to take on any more, or no longer taking on commissions. I had been in touch with someone in England too, who seems no longer available either.

I am also aware that for those who can take on such commissions, the lead-in times run into years and years..... as these folks have other lives to lead too, no doubt!

So, my question is - does anyone know a builder of these types of kits who might be in a position to complete about half a dozen carriages for me, in a realistic timescale?

Have you tried Mike Edge in GB? Gave me a reasonable price for getting 800s chassis up and running. Not sure if he does coaches, but worth giving him a shout?

• Like 3