Railways in Ireland: 1834-1984 by S.Hirsch & O.Doyle

Rate this topic

DERAILED

IRISH RAILWAYS BOOK 002.jpg

Railways in Ireland 1834-1984. By Oliver Doyle & Stephen Hirsch. Signal Press, 1983, 204 pages, 6 maps, more than 80 illustrations. Hardcover with good dustwrapper. Nice clean interior but slight dinge to top right corner of some pages – makes no material difference to book and you won’t be disappointed.

A thorough, well illustrated study of the origin and development of the diverse 'standard', (5ft 3inch) and narrow gauge lines within Ireland.

€22 includes FREE p+p on island of Ireland plus a bonus (?) item :D a brand new copy of Transport Preservation in Ireland 2005.

Book can left for collection adjacent to Connolly Station or collected from Enniscorthy, in which case the price will be €20.

• 2 weeks later...
Second and final copy of this book now for sale - nice clean copy but ex.library and the library card is stuck down on the first page. €20 includes p+p on the island of Ireland or delivery to central Dublin i.e. adjacent to Connolly Station for collection.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5931[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5932[/ATTACH]

I will take it if no one has taken it already.

M.

The second copy is now sold to Killucan2.

I also have the two timetables (below) for sale. €25.00 - includes p+p on the island of Ireland. 1950s Working Timetables are increasingly hard to find and this one is in good internal condition with an age worn cover. Lots of interesting lines including: Waterford & Tramore; West Clare and Cavan & Leitrim as well as a plethora of long gone minor branchlines - Tullow, Cashel etc.

wtt 002.jpg

• 2 weeks later...