Mint Condition 121 & CIE Craven Coach at Discounted Price

Rate this topic

Hi all, looking to free up a bit of cash and so decided to sell a few bits that aren’t really in my preferred era of Irish modelling in the hopes of being able  to buy stuff that is. 

I have a mint condition Murphy Models Class 121, no. B135 in CIE grey and yellow, which is a perfect runner, just not my preferred era. This is going for €165 which is €25 off their selling price. 

I also have a CIE-liveried Cravens 1st Open Carriage with again is in mint condition and I’m selling for €50. Again, a perfect model, just not my   preferred era. 

Please private message me if you’re interested in one or both of the models. Price mentioned above excludes postage but I’m based in the south east of Ireland so I can do collection or postage. 

Thanks a million :)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, DJ Dangerous said:

There's a chap here desperately looking for Cravens coaches:

https://irishrailwaymodeller.com/topic/15319-mm-cravens

Oh, wait, hang on.....

Screenshot_20240110-103819.png

Hahahahaha I might drop him a message and see if he’s interested!!! 

I should have specified IR/IÉ cravens (the one I have is CIE B&T, and as I said, not my era, plus I only have a single one) but the edit tool wasn’t working, and I simply forgot… I’ll go back and change that now, thanks for the reminder!!

2 hours ago, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

Excellent value for money, fair dues.

Have you a picture of the carriage?

Yeah absolutely, I’ll put up pictures of both later on 

• Funny 2

3 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

I'm open to correction here, but didn't some of the single-stripe Cravens coaches survive until the end without ever getting a second stripe?

No I don't think so?, I'm sure that the entire Craven fleet were resprayed / hand painted,first in the old paint shop, and then in newly fitted out(1998/99) paint shop. If so, they would have had the 2 white bands applied. 

• Informative 2

Attached pictures of B135. Front buffer beam detail fitted but alternate coupler and front guard are still in the detail bag in the box

IMG_3310.jpeg

IMG_3311.jpeg

IMG_3312.jpeg

IMG_3313.jpeg

IMG_3314.jpeg

And the Cravens 1149TL First Open coach. Any questions please feel free to drop me a message or email me 

oisinbobcooke@icloud.com

IMG_3315.jpeg

IMG_3316.jpeg

IMG_3317.jpeg

IMG_3318.jpeg

IMG_3319.jpeg

Edited by 226 Abhann na Suire
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, exciecoachbuilder said:

No I don't think so?, I'm sure that the entire Craven fleet were resprayed / hand painted,first in the old paint shop, and then in newly fitted out(1998/99) paint shop. If so, they would have had the 2 white bands applied. 

Not sure what I am thinking of. I remember reading a discussion here about some sort of coaching stock that survived until the end with some examples not receiving the updated livery.

I feel like @DiveController was involved in that discussion. Hopefully he has a better memory than I do!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...