IRM Working Tail Lights.

Rate this topic

Turvinlad

Has anyone bought these, I’m still waiting for fitting instructions from IRM. I have up to twenty packs to do.

I could unsolder the leads from the pcb , drill two 1/2 mm holes in coach end, thread wires thro’ & resolder to pcb. Glue lamps to coach end,  & pcb to coach roof to enable using magic wand.

I don’t want to go butchering my NIR coaches, also various freight wagons, if there is an easier tried and tested way to fit them.

Any help or advice appreciated.

IMG_0130.jpeg

Edited by Turvinlad
  • Like 5

I was hoping by now, having purchased 20 sets @ £100 plus batteries £20, to have received fitting instructions from IRM.

Whilst I appreciate the guys are always busy, the website states instructions are available but regrettable they are not.

That said, I trust that the instructions will very soon be available ! 🤞

4 minutes ago, Turvinlad said:

If any of you had carefully read previous post, Email had already been sent to support team.

After carefully re-reading both of your previous posts, neither says that you had sent an email to the IRM support team.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

@Turvinlad As I see it you have two options;-

1. As you say, de-solder the wires from the board, drill a hole, mount the light, re-solder the wires ( make sure they go back to the same solder tabs they came from- polarity! ) and mount the board/battery inside the coach or wagon.

2. With the small wires one could run the leads on the surface, say adjacent to moldings, mount the light, then run the wires down under the coach and mount the board/battery under the coach or wagon. One should test by trial/error that the wand will work using blue-tak to hold the board in position while doing so. Glue the board later when one gets it to work and blacken or color the wires to complete.

Option 2 would be less destructive if one can make it work.

There are a few youtube videos on fitting tail lights, not IRM ones, but there is info that can be applied- search = 'fitting coach tail lamp'

Eoin

• Like 2
  • Informative 1