The View from The Shard, London

Rate this topic

fishplate7

Here's an interesting and interactive view of London from its latest and tallest building, The Shard. This gives the viewer a 360 degree panorama over the skyline, with zoom ins, sound bites, and useful facts. There's plenty for us railway enthusiasts amongst the views!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/interactive/2013/feb/01/view-from-top-shard-london-interactive

That's a great view even better than the one I had from the London eye. Will definitely have to take a trip up that building when I over there later in the year.

It's a long way up - you may need to use the gents - it would be running down my legs by the time I got to the far one.....

article-2260485-16DA8C38000005DC-171_964x649.jpg

Impressive building and view fishplate. I was over there two years ago and the tower cranes were still working on it. The tallest building in the EU at the moment and just beside London Bridge so great views across the river into the city of London and the financial district. It's much taller than the Canary Wharf tower and tips 1,000ft. I read there are plans to surpass this height in Moscow and I think there are plans to build a number of tall skyscrapers in the La Defense district of Paris.