Central Station Belfast

Rate this topic

Great pics Kev! I noticed 113 going past my house in the direction of Lisburn earlier on and then coming back towards Belfast not long after! Anyone know what it was doing?

I just caught it coming through about 2pm on its own and made a dive for my camera. I assume it was heading back to York Road.

Those 201s look a bit worse for wear,is Irish Rail going down the UTA route of railcar policy only, as they seem to be neglecting their locomotives.Belfast Central looks just as how I remember it,I will leave my comment at that.Great clear photo's,the ones of the GM are brilliant,thanks for sharing.

Those 201s look a bit worse for wear,is Irish Rail going down the UTA route of railcar policy only, as they seem to be neglecting their locomotives.Belfast Central looks just as how I remember it,I will leave my comment at that.Great clear photo's,the ones of the GM are brilliant,thanks for sharing.
A BBC Report of the 13/5/2013 stated: - The number of passengers using the Enterprise cross-border train service between Belfast and Dublin has dropped by 22% over the past 10 years. The figures were detailed in a consultation paper prepared by the Department for Regional Development.

Translink, the Northern Ireland public transport provider, blamed the drop in custom on recent road improvements and a downturn in the Republic's economy. Of the six main NI railway routes, it was the only one to record a decline. They haven't mentioned the fact that they seem to let the Enterprise fleet go to the dogs. To see it in the station is a disgrace for an Intercity service and really looks the "Poor relation" compared to the local service.