Manchester Piccadilly Station

Rate this topic

Guest hidden-agenda

Nice video and pics bud, the livery on the voyager coaches does,nt do it for me the door stripes just ruin the look of them yet the driving trailers look great is that the only livery they use?

Nice video and pics bud, the livery on the voyager coaches does,nt do it for me the door stripes just ruin the look of them yet the driving trailers look great is that the only livery they use?

That's a cross country voyager, they also come in Virgin livery ala the Pendodildos.

Absolutely horrible trains to travel on, speaking from first hand experience.

The voyager or the pendolino or both

I would say both, but the Dildos aren't as bad as the Voyagers. Travelled London to Birmingham on a Voyager (weekend diversion via Chiltern Line) for Warley a few years back. They were noisy, smelly (the smell from the jacks wafted through the whole coach) and very claustrophobic. On top of that I'm not sure who designed the seats, but there's no way they have a normal spine. Our ICRs for example are superior in every way.

I went from London to Glasgow and back on the Pendo and booked a window seat in advance. When I got on there was no window, just a wall. They're a bit bumpy but at least the seats were decent. Impressive machines though, very fast accelerating off the mark.

Voyagers are (un)affectionately known as Vomitters around here. They smelt when they were new, possibly the upholstery, as did they Pendelinos.

It's a joy to get on a train where the seats are lined up with the windows - it's strange to enter a world where somebody still thinks of the passenger..

Beware privatisation...

Edited by Broithe