Ballina

Rate this topic

Great pics 201bhoy! Were 077 and 219 the only locos in Ballina and were the DFDS flats there?

Yes, unless the loco was at the other end of the pockets, close to the Belmullet Road in the Crossmolina siding, which I'd doubt, never saw a loco there. And by the DFDS flats do you mean the pockets? I thought the pockets were used of the DFDS and the flats were used on the IWT?

There is one rake of 18 flats and one rake of 12 pockets used on the DFDS liners. The reason I ask if the flats were there is because I hope to get video of the ex Ballina DFDS tomorrow which is always made up of the flats. I haven't yet filmed 219 or 077 so it would be great if I could catch both of these tomorrow on the ex Ballina IWT and DFDS liners. The DFDS and Timber trains may not run tomorrow though because of the land slides in Thomastown and Waterford.

There is one rake of 18 flats and one rake of 12 pockets used on the DFDS liners. The reason I ask if the flats were there is because I hope to get video of the ex Ballina DFDS tomorrow which is always made up of the flats. I haven't yet filmed 219 or 077 so it would be great if I could catch both of these tomorrow on the ex Ballina IWT and DFDS liners. The DFDS and Timber trains may not run tomorrow though because of the land slides in Thomastown and Waterford.

Well there two were rakes of flats and then one rake of pockets in the crossmolina siding. So hopefully one of the rakes of flats were for the DFDS :)