40ft Container Conversions

Rate this topic

Hi Everyone.

I have some 40ft Containers that I want to convert to both B=I and Norfolk Line. Is there anyone on the site that does this and if so could they contact me . I'd appreciate the help.

Developments on Glyntown Road MK2 have been slow. The old layout has been ripped out and the baseboards cleaned and extended. When I pulled up the old scenery a lot of cork and bits came with it so I am having to recover the baseboards with a very light ply. I hope to have this done in a few days time. I can then get to designing the layout.

I have an idea of what I want to do but with all layouts ideas change and the mind boggles. The layout is or will be housed in a converted shipping container that was an old site office during the Celtic Tiger. I have clad the outside so it looks a bit more respectable to the Domestic Authority.

The container or shed is 20x10. The internal footprint is 19x9.. I plan to run a high level branchline down the long right hand side which will turn on to the 9ft end along a 6 maybe 9 arch viaduct and return up the orher side into a little station.

Below the viaduct I hope to model the old Ballinascarthy west cork station or maybe Drimoleague. Around this I hope to have a lot of rolling hillsa and countryside. Country lanes and cottages etc. I hope to have a cement factory and a container terminal.

I will put up some pictures as soon as I have the new baseboards and backboards covered. I will post the trackplan once I decide on the final one. So watch this space and hopefully we will have some developments over the next couple of weeks.

Attached are some pics of Glyntown road MK1 . Hope ye like it. Any help would be appreciated.027.jpg

thanks

Paudie041.jpg

026.jpg

Edited by Paudie Riordan