irishthump Posted September 17, 2014 Share Posted September 17, 2014 Did some minor detailing on a couple of covered wagons that I picked up on Ebay. I added some handrails on the doors and nose grabrails and added DCC controlled lights. I wanted to install a headlight in the front door and a working mars light in the upper headlight. Space can be a bit limited so I used micro leds from Wickness models that I fixed to the back of the headlight lenses. I then sealed the back with black mastic tape which holds everything nicely in place and stops any light from bleeding into the cab. I used Lenz Standard decoders which give flawless running even with the bog-standard Blue Box motors. The motors were given a good clean and the sintered metal wheels were replaced with nickel silver replacements. The only glitch was that initially I wired the headlight to the white decoder wire (F0 forward) and the mars light to the green wire (F1). Unfortunately only the white and yellow outputs can be programmed to work like a mars light. So I was forced to rewire the mars light to the yellow function wire and re-map it to work on F1. Here's a short video of them working.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.