Great craic

Rate this topic

richrua

having a laugh here tonight. I picked up an all in one digitrax decoder with speaker and capacitor for £20 online. (Apparently an older model with old speaker) . Any who, I whacked an 8 pin plug on the end and stuck it into my A Class. After a little while of an a class with a steam sound, the wonderful NCE powercab let me pick a pre installed American diesel sound track. You know, apart from the American horn, it s alright.

I ll stick one up later. There are a load of US steam sounds plus a set of sounds from an american EMD SD38 . By one of those nice co-incidences that loco has a similar engine to the converted A class . So it might nearly sound good. The horn is wrong though.

A bit of great craic alright, especially for the money. Was it my eyes, or in the video around 22secs when the horn was sounded twice the loco appeared to slow during the horn blast? It was almost as if the loud horn blast on speaker was sucking up current. Love your layout btw.

yes it seemed to drain the current on that occasion. previously it didnt but there must be a reason . . . more figuring out. it is maybe the speaker which has now been replaced in the newer version of the chip. At that money i didnt mind a little trial in DCC sound. They had three on for that price but i only got one.