Class 2700 DMU

Rate this question

MikeO

Question

Does anyone know where I can get a side view of a class 2700 DMU? just one carriage would suffice. I have looked on the internet but can only find front or three-quarter views.

The reason for asking is that in my post on the Connolly Station thread, following lamenting about not being able to find any of the donor stock need for the conversions mentioned by Driver301, I have managed to get an N Gauge Class 158 2 car DMU to convert to a Class 2700 DMU. However the doors are in the wrong place and some of the windows need to be changed/repositioned. This may be possible through painting but I would like to see what the spacing is.

The three-quarter view photos show roughly where changes are needed but the side view, if available, would allow a more accurate positioning and spacing to be achieved.

MikeO

4 answers to this question

I have made an attempt to draw a template for how the Class 158 could be converted. the attached photo shows both the original class 158 and the class 2700 as it would look if I repositioned the doors and some windows. To me it looks fine and if painted well should give near enough the right look.

Any comments would be appreciated.

MikeO

Class 2700 and 158 DMU sides comparison scaled down.png

jhb achill171 and murrayec thank you for you comments. How I am going to achieve the look I have not worked out yet. Moving the doors and redrawing some of the windows are the main issues. Those windows not being moved are rounded in the original model but came out square in my sketch due to the way I applied the colour. This will be a long project.

MikeO