Beet Wagon

Rate this topic

Who do you need to ask permission from to get that close for pictures? I've been wanting to take pictures every time I'm in Waterford.

To get that close you would need a member of staff with you. I would not advise you or anyone else take it upon themselves to wander onto busy sidings to take photos without a member of staff. The more the staff get to know you at your local station they will usually go out of their way to help you. PM Red Rich to see if he can help you out as he is in the know at Waterford Station

I wouldn't wander in without at the very least asking first! That would be extremely stupid!

Purple I have friends and family that are IE employees so I am fortunate that these people can get access to the places that no unauthorized person or persons should be, on IE property. I often get permission from either the Inspector at Sallypark or in Plunkett Station to take pics myself and I am always accompanied by a member of staff. I worked for IE so I still know some of the staff and this helps enormously. I would advise strongly that no person or persons should trespass on IE property without permission. For a start you are breaking the law and unknowingly you could be messing things up for those of us that take responsibility, or worse put a member of IE staff or someone contracted to do work for IE in danger. Unless people in IE know or trust you it's a bad idea for any member to just walk in there, as one day you'll get caught and it's the end for all of us.

I don't think for a minute that you would go in to any area belonging to IE Purple without prior permission and fair play for asking your questions regarding permission from the staff. It's a sign of the times that freight is no longer as busy as it once was and therefore a liner or timber train would be the most common freight you would see at Waterford - Waterford West these days. On other occasions you might see a weed spray, ballast train, or pw vehicle, but that's about it. Locos are very thin on the ground and all you would be likely to see are 071 - 201 class locos, the 22000 and 2700 class are the only everyday railcars that you would see except on Sundays, you may see a different class member or preserved loco on a railtour and that is all. I took a lot of my photos over the last 25 - 30 years so I am lucky to have seen a lot of different rolling stock that is only a memory now.

If you want any info on scratch building the beets Purple please pm me and I should have the dimensions somewhere in my collection. Anything you need to know fire away and ask as someone on here will know.

I should also say that I know people in Clonmel that have been very helpful and accommodating during my visits doing research for the layout. It cost's nothing to be well mannered and ask for permission before just walking into a yard or jumping over a fence. Remember if you don't have prior permission you are trespassing and therefore breaking the law. We have discussed this as moderators and I think the best thing to do is always ask permission, for your own safety and the safety of others.

Rich,

Purple I have friends and family that are IE employees so I am fortunate that these people can get access to the places that no unauthorized person or persons should be, on IE property. I often get permission from either the Inspector at Sallypark or in Plunkett Station to take pics myself and I am always accompanied by a member of staff. I worked for IE so I still know some of the staff and this helps enormously. I would advise strongly that no person or persons should trespass on IE property without permission. For a start you are breaking the law and unknowingly you could be messing things up for those of us that take responsibility, or worse put a member of IE staff or someone contracted to do work for IE in danger. Unless people in IE know or trust you it's a bad idea for any member to just walk in there, as one day you'll get caught and it's the end for all of us.

I don't think for a minute that you would go in to any area belonging to IE Purple without prior permission and fair play for asking your questions regarding permission from the staff. It's a sign of the times that freight is no longer as busy as it once was and therefore a liner or timber train would be the most common freight you would see at Waterford - Waterford West these days. On other occasions you might see a weed spray, ballast train, or pw vehicle, but that's about it. Locos are very thin on the ground and all you would be likely to see are 071 - 201 class locos, the 22000 and 2700 class are the only everyday railcars that you would see except on Sundays, you may see a different class member or preserved loco on a railtour and that is all. I took a lot of my photos over the last 25 - 30 years so I am lucky to have seen a lot of different rolling stock that is only a memory now.

If you want any info on scratch building the beets Purple please pm me and I should have the dimensions somewhere in my collection. Anything you need to know fire away and ask as someone on here will know.

I should also say that I know people in Clonmel that have been very helpful and accommodating during my visits doing research for the layout. It cost's nothing to be well mannered and ask for permission before just walking into a yard or jumping over a fence. Remember if you don't have prior permission you are trespassing and therefore breaking the law. We have discussed this as moderators and I think the best thing to do is always ask permission, for your own safety and the safety of others.

Rich,

Rich, It is amazing what the IÉ staff will do for you if you know them ,for example my uncle works for them so all my questions are answered no matter how long I ask them and 2 years ago I got a trip around the CTC ,and shed area around Connolly ,i got a nice look around 171,186,8208 and a 29000.

It's always worth asking and having no problems than intruding and having big problems