Startup Problem

Rate this question

Richard37

Question

I use the 50200 Command Station. Upon startup one or two locos jump suddenly, forward sometimes and backwards on others. Also one or two cobalt motors activate but without moving. It's possible that those that come to life thus are the first in line electrically from the controller. Does anyone know whether this is typical of this controller?

4 answers to this question

More than likely the decoders in the locos, what decoders are you using? The cheaper ones do this particularly when programming.

I would doubt it's the controller, but it's worth doing an update to the latest firmware.

Are the cobalts DCC?

I use the 50200 Command Station. Upon startup one or two locos jump suddenly, forward sometimes and backwards on others. Also one or two cobalt motors activate but without moving. It's possible that those that come to life thus are the first in line electrically from the controller. Does anyone know whether this is typical of this controller?

Don't know about the controller but it could be caused by the decoders having DC running turned on. Turning this off requires you to reprogramme CV29 on each loco.

I used to have the 50000 and never had this problem .

try this :

1)Disconnect the power to the track .

2)Switch on the ECoS .

3)After 90 seconds reconnect power to the track .

4) Does the jumping etc continue ?