LGB Knock off

Rate this topic

They are a chinese knock off (NEWQIDA) and sometimes hard to find. My understanding is that serious garden railway guys often buy the rolling stock they make and mix it in with the expensive stuff. The loco runs under its own power - rechargeable battery, given the Irish weather I quite like this idea. The details is outstanding. I bought mine through ebay a few years back. This is all I could find now.

http://www.hammondtoy.com/shop/agora.cgi?product=NEWQIDA_TOYS_FACTORY

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G-SCALE-STARTER-FREIGHT-45mm-GAUGE-GARDEN-RAILWAY-FLAT-BED-TRAIN-SET-ACCESSORIES-/331604723448?hash=item4d352e86f8:g:WlEAAOSwa-dWiWcq

• 8 months later...
like the ALDI Lighthouse:)

Best Regards

Kinvara Train

Cheers, they did a windmill aswell, sorry I didn't get it now. I'm sure they'll have similar stuff this summer again. My first time doing anything with G scale, at this size I may be tempted to build a few houses myself.

I had battery mechanisms on a railcar and a locomotive in former garden railway days... I never found them to be that adequate. Maybe this type of battery mechanism is better? How long does it take to charge, and how long does a charge last at reasonable running speeds?

I'm in a smaller-gardened "town house" since scaling down, but some sort of rudimentary outdoor tramway may come into consideration one day....

I had battery mechanisms on a railcar and a locomotive in former garden railway days... I never found them to be that adequate. Maybe this type of battery mechanism is better? How long does it take to charge, and how long does a charge last at reasonable running speeds?

I'm in a smaller-gardened "town house" since scaling down, but some sort of rudimentary outdoor tramway may come into consideration one day....

This is a cheap product, about 100 quid. It's just for fun really. It's the type of battery you would find in a large RC car (9V), 4-6hrs to charge. I have yet to find out how long it really lasts. There is quite a few videos on youtube with this newqida train and the feedback is good based on the price its selling for. The range on the RC control is ok for a small garden, but I don't how it would fair in a larger setting. At some stage I would like something Irish in the garden.

Hmmmm... the wheels on my one are too small and those are a bit big! I suppose, in either case, if we were to be content with an approximation, it would do. Yours, above, is probably a better bet indeed.

yes indeed, it would only be a representation. If the above lionel train was given the meave treatment it might be nice in the garden.